Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yackity Yack- Don't Talk Back!

 Time to share about my living situation. I live with two roommates. A guy and girl. Very nice people; I've known them for as long as I could remember, but honestly, living with them sometimes makes me crazy! I think we would all be much better friends if I didn't live there, but frankly, rent is cheap and it's close to everywhere I need to go.
 Why do they push me to brink of insanity, you ask? Well, I have the perfect example for you, and it happened only a moment ago. Today was my day off. I didn't have school or work. I did have a little bit of homework to do and a few loads of laundry, but I really just wanted a day to relax. So, I felt lucky when my roommates told me they were going out with some friends for dinner. I was going to get to just sit back, watch movies, and relax. I had Carrie over and we watched Dustin Huffman's gayest performance ever, (and I mean that literally) in Tootsie, and just we had a few laughs. Then she had to part and I was alone. I was looking forward to see a young Renée Zellwegger in Nurse Betty. Not two minutes after Carrie left, my roommates waltz through the door. Fine, whatever. They live here, too. I guess. But, who goes out with friends and is home at like 9:30?  Whatever. Well, my male roommate decides to go to his room. YAY! I have the living room to myself... Oh wait, no I don't my female roommate decides she's going to use our home phone, (yeah, not her mobile phone, which is called a mobile phone because it's, well, MOBILE!) And talk with some friend from work. Now, she is starts talking right as the opening credits start. Now, at that point I should have just taken the dvd out, gone to my room, and watched it on my itty-bitty laptop screen, but nope, I stayed and watched it on our 52inch high def. tv, (could you blame me?) So, she just started yackin' away. Loudly. I repeatedly tell her to "Shush!" and turn up my volume, but that prompts her to yack even louder! I just waited, figuring a half hour -tops, she would be on the phone. Nope, she yacks for 109minutes and 31 seconds. How do I know this exact time? Because the movie was 110 minutes and she stopped right at the Where are the characters now part. You know, the part that's typed up on the screen? The part that you don't need to hear, because you can just read it.
 Now, was that rude? I feel like that was rude. I missed half the dialog because of my roommates yackin'. While she was yackin', I began to imagine myself ripping the phone out of the wall, throwing it to the ground and silently returning to my movie. Let me just say this, she's lucky it was just an alright movie, if it had been some kick-ass movie, I would been to a new level of pissed that even drunk Mel Gibson wouldn't have ever seen.




*A fun game for my readers: How many times did I say "yackin'"? Winner gets a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment