Thursday, December 9, 2010

Don't, Don't, Don't Bite Your Friends!

I am a normal, healthy girl. I have some meat to me, but I am not obese. The holidays are among us and gah knows how many photos will be taken, so I want to lose a few pounds. I have already, but I want to lose just a few more.But, I have come to the realization, in my quest to be skinny, that friends make you fat. I live in a city that is often called boring, but we have lots of things to do. We have an ice rink, roller rink, parks, libraries, malls, yada yada yada. We also have an abundance of restaurants. So, when it's a cold, winters night, and you want to do something, where do you go? One of two places, if you are a member of the Clean Quarters:*a friends house or a restaurant. At our friends house, Eytukan of the Na'vi Tribe, his mother, Ellen Gellar, always makes us smoothies and bakes us cookies, basically feeds us everything in her house. Ellen is like a cool, non-robotic, non-evil, non-remote control version of a Stepford Wife, and I mean that as a compliment. Now, if we go to Carrie's house, we eat there. If we go to Sweet's house, we eat. So, let's head to a restaurant, and eat. They make me fat. 
Tonight, I went to Eytukan's house, and Ellen offered me cookies, brownies, smoothies, Bosco sticks, spinach and cheese filled pazones, and these little balls of chocolate filled with caramel rice crispies in them.  I turned them all down. Then we decide we want to leave. We have no where to venture to, so we go to this cute little Mom-and-Pop restaurant called Frank's. I got tea with rice pilaf that had this marinara sauce that I know was bad for me. I can go all day and be perfectly fine, but if I go out with friends, gah help me. Friends make you fat.


*All the cool kids have this awesome nickname for my group of friends, but remember, due to privacy and crap, this name is changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment